Getting ready to list your home?
You’ve decided it’s time to sell your home. You have talked to everyone you know, hunting high and low, and finally found that dream realtor. Now somehow ALL that work seems to have been the easy part …? CRAZY! Now you are tasked with making your home presentable to potential buyers. You’re the director of your own show, trying to sell a home to people you don’t know, with no ideas about what they may want. Where do you start? You call Organized & Orderly! My pre-listing consultation gives you and your seller a comprehensive list of everything that needs to be done in order to get the home list-ready. It entails a 1 or 2 hour walk through the home, starting with the all important curb appeal at the front, every room in the house, and finishes up in the back yard.
My areas of focus include but, are not limited to:
- Decluttering (with specific details about what can stay and what needs to go)
- Furniture flow (recommending which pieces should be removed or relocated to allow improved flow and open feel)
- Aesthetic Repairs (cracked wall plates, paint chips, missing pulls, broken or damaged items, light bulb replacements, and SO much more)
- Paint and flooring recommendations if applicable
- Upgrade recommendations if applicable
- Advice on how to survive living in the home while it is on the market (tips and tools for staying sane between open houses and showings!)
- Landscape advice and recommendations (including CA and drought resistant planting & landscaping)
- Closet and pantry tips and tools (How to make your closet and pantry stand out)
- 95% of staged homes sell in 11 days on average
- staged homes sell for 17% HIGHER than those that are not
- 90% of buyers in 2017 are looking at homes online first making perfectly staged pictures essential to your quick -and lucrative- sale!
Both realtor and seller will be provided with a detailed list of all necessary work, broken down by space-by-space, incorporating all industry supported recommendations. There is a BIG difference between ‘maintenance’ and ‘improvements’. Whether it takes just me, or my entire team, we can tackle all of the following including but, not limited to: decluttering, packing up, organizing, haul away & clean up, donation drop off, and staging with accessories provided by the owner or myself. Bottom line -I can get your home ready to show and sell fast!
Selling a property in today’s market requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Finding an edge in this incredibly competitive Real Estate market is imperative. By staging a home you are appealing to a much broader range of buyers thereby increasing the frequency of sales. Barb Schwarz, President of the International Association of Home Staging Professionals defined Home staging as “the preparation of the home for sale so that buyers can mentally move in”. As a NAPO recognized Professional Organizer, we bring additional value points to the world of home staging. Not only can we make aesthetic recommendations but, we can ensure that the space is organized efficiently. Take your staged home up a notch by making it Organized & Orderly.
Not every seller needs to bring in furniture to stage, and in fact, many sellers just need help with accessorizing the pieces they do have.
That is where Organized & Orderly comes in …We provide everything you need to accessorize your home including but, not limited to:
Unique Accent Pieces
Outdoor accessories (lanterns, cushions, tableware)
And so much more….!!!!
The Zen of Organizing philosophy refers to the creation of a calm, peace-filled, and joyous environment.
Myth: Organizing is a skill you have to be born with. Fact: Anyone can learn to become organized.
Less Stuff Means…less to clean, less to organize, less to store, less mess
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Clutter is a weight that has built on top of you so gradually, you don’t even realize anymore that it is holding you down.
Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.
Being organized is being in control.
For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned.